We value your personal data and we protect it.
Here’s how we process your personal data, why we process it, what your rights are, and how to contact us.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data in three ways.
- Data you give us, when you make a purchase, contact us, provide feedback, send us an email, call us, share content on a Queenstown Natural Perfumiers site or app, or publicly share information about us on social media. This includes any sensitive data that you have provided to us with your consent.
- Data we create when you make a purchase, or that is collected automatically when you access our website or apps (such as IP address, device ID, what browser you use or how you interact with our sites or apps). See our Cookies notice for more information.
- Data we collect from other legitimate sources such as promotional activities, data from your interaction with our advertising, or personal data that is part of your profile on a social network and that you have made available to us.
Why do we collect personal data?
We use your data to communicate with you, fulfil your purchase orders, answer your queries and provide you with information about our business and products. We also use your data in the normal course of managing business systems and finances, and exercising legal rights.
Who can access your personal data and why?
Our team may use your personal data for legitimate reasons in the normal course of business. Sometimes, we may also need to share data, such as to:
- Third parties engaged by us to provide services such as administering our website, applications and services (e.g. features, programs, and promotions) available to you, subject to appropriate protection;
- Credit reporting agencies/debt collectors, where permitted by law and if we need to verify your creditworthiness or collect outstanding payments;
- Relevant public agencies and authorities, if required to do so by law or a legitimate business interests.
Your rights over your personal data
Whenever you provide us with any personal data, be assured it will only be processed for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, or any other further purposes notified to you before we collect it. If you choose not to provide personal data when we ask for it, this may limit the services we can offer you. In an obvious example, if you do not provide your address, we cannot deliver your order.
If you share personal data with us, you have a right to find out what data we hold about you, ask for changes to be made, or have the data deleted. Just contact us at email@example.com.
- You can also opt-out of marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in any email/SMS, or by contacting us.
Data security, retention, and any concerns
We use a variety of measures to keep your personal data confidential and secure. We restrict access to your data on a need-to-know basis among our staff and third-party suppliers, and follow all appropriate security standards.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your personal data is only processed for the minimum period necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice; any additional purposes notified to you at or before the time of collection of the relevant personal data or commencement of the relevant processing; or as required or permitted by applicable law; and thereafter, for the duration of any applicable limitation period. Once your personal data is no longer required, we will destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
If you are concerned about possible interference with your privacy or misuse of your personal data, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to contact data protection authorities.
If you have any unanswered questions or other comments regarding this Privacy Notice or our personal data collection and processing, please contact us:
Post: Queenstown Natural Perfumiers Lid
PO Box 952, Queenstown 9348, New Zealand
This notice was last updated in May 2020